Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Clock ticks away

Silence... 

I sit there alone, waiting. All I hear is the sound of the clock

      *tick tock, tick tock* 

We haven't talked for 3 days. That's the longest we've ever gone without talking.
  
    *tick tock, tick tock*

Time kept passing, for a moment i thought maybe you had forgotten about me, I laughed and shrugged it off. Surely I was wrong.


      *tick tock, tick tock*

Moments which were once just seconds have turned into hours, and hours, and hours, and hours, and hours.
     *tick tock, tick tock* 

I watched as the seconds ticked away, waiting for the moment you would prove me wrong. It didn't come.  
     *tick tock, tick tock*
     *tick tock, tick tock*

Countless days have passed, should be any minute now. 

     *tick tock, tick tock*
      *tick tock, tick tock* 

Days and Days and Days and Days

     *tick tock, tick tock*
      *tick tock, tick tock* 

Today for sure!

     *tick tock, tick tock*
      *tick tock, tick tock* 

"Hey can you hang?" 
(My failed attempt to remind you I existed)

     *tick tock, tick tock* 
     *tick tock, tick tock* 

It's been weeks now and you finally say something, it reads, 

"What's so and so's number?"

 I said,
"(801-***-****)"

 and you said, 
"K thanks (:" 

(That was the most we talked in 3 weeks)

     *tick tock, tick tock* 
     *tick tock, tick tock* 
     *tick tock, tick tock* 
     *tick tock, tick tock* 



I don't know how much time has passed. You see, as my clock ticks away, so do I. My clock just stopped working. It's ok though, because I gave up keeping track a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment