Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Words to a Broken Soul

-----
I'm writing this to the girl with the beautiful soul.

The one who chooses to carry the weight of the world on her shoulders,
even though she can hardly stand herself.
The one who cares so much about others,
yet fears she's not good enough for this world.
Perhaps it is this world that's the problem, not you.
because you are a beautiful truth,
living in a a world of painful lies.
To me, it is you who should feel cheated,

I'm writing this to the girl who's suffered so much,
yet remains so strong because of that.
I'm writing this to the girl who's very broken,
yet she is all the more beautiful for that.

Because no one wants to read about: 
a perfect person, 
in a perfect world, 
living a perfect life, 
where everything is perfect all the time.

People want to see the main character grow, and overcome the things they fear the most.
Just like you.
You are a beautiful character, living in a tragic movie.
No, you're not perfect.
But you shouldn't try to be.
How is anyone supposed to related to the perfect character?

They can't.
Because we are not perfect, we are human.
And we're gonna make mistakes.
We're going to do things we regret.
and like it or not, we're going to hurt people.

You've hurt people, so have I.
So has everyone else in this world.
Does that make them bad people?
Does that make me a bad person?
Does that mean I'm worthless?
Am I no better than the people you hate so much?
Simply because I've made mistakes?
Does that mean I don't deserve to live, and to be happy?
Does that mean I deserve to suffocate, to drown?
Does that mean you hate me too?
No, of course not.
You would never think that of me.
So then tell me,
How can you think that of yourself?

A smooth sea never made a good sailor,
and everything happens for a reason.
We can either choose to let our past haunt us
Or learn from it and use it to build something magnificent.

It's not about the person we were then
It's about who we choose to be now.
It's not about what we've done in the past
It's about what we choose to do with our future.

I'm writing this to the girl who's angry at the world.
Yet would do everything in her power to save it.
I'm writing this to the girl who wants to save everyone.
To the same girl who once saved me.

You.
You saved me.
You found me wandering in the dark, and you helped bring me back to the light.
You saw the light in me, when all I felt was darkness, and hatred.
You believed in me, even when I didn't believe in myself
You have shown me light, and warmth, and comfort.
Small acts of kindness, that I had not felt in so long.
You've shown me what true friendship really is.
You have no idea how much that meant to me
And how much it still means to me.
You did something no one else did.
And it's not that they couldn't do it
But that didn't know they should do it.
You didn't just tell me you cared about me.
You proved it.
And I wish I could show you how much that means to me.
I wish I could save you the way you saved me.
But all I can say is, from the bottom of my heart.
"Thank You"

------
I'm writing this to the girl who thinks she isn't good enough.

The same girl who happens to be the most amazing person I've ever met.
I'm writing this to the most beautiful, the most selfless, the most caring, the most poetic girl I've ever known. Hoping it'll make her smile, even in the slightest. So she knows that I'm always here for her, and that I always will be. no matter what. Even if I can't do a lot to help. I'll always be there to listen. And I'll do everything I can, so I can see you smile again.

I'm writing this to my best friend, because I love her more than I could ever hope to fit on a piece of paper. I'm writing this to her, so she knows that she's so much more than she thinks she is. And I couldn't have asked for a better friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment